Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Help! Any information on V8audio?

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Help! Any information on V8audio?

This question is answered

Just recently I have taken interest in buying an average system for my car. I have close to no clue in what to look for and have looked around from this website, best buy, and a random audio store near my house. At this audio store I was offered a variety of head unist, a component speaker system and 2 way speakers for the price of 160. The brand of the speakers was V8audio and the head unit was of my choice between a pioneer, sony, or kenwood head unit. All being standard head units with basic functions and being able to output music off of Ipods.  I have researched V8audio and have only found that they are mainly popular in Classic Cars. I was wondering if any of you know about this V8audio and if I should take this deal. I'm only looking for clear sounding system because my stock speakers have blown out. Thank you in advance.

Verified Answer
  • I've only vaguely heard of V8 Audio - from what I remember, they are similar to Classic Auto Sound or JC Whitney - specialty gear mainly for classic cars - probably better than stock, but not much.

I'll get in trouble for this due to the forum rules, but look at the Pioneer DXT-2369UB from Wally-Mart.

Not positive, but I think it's essentially the DEH-5300UB with a pair of Pioneer 6.5 and Pioneer 6x9 speakers.

You would need a dash kit and wiring harness to install it (and speaker harness adapters if you don't want to cut ANY wires) - but it should be a good deal and probably better than you were considering for the same price.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• If you are doing it yourself, you are going to need:

• Speakers (you said you are getting).
    • Speaker Harness adapters (only if you don't want to cut off the OEM connector and splice on the aftermarket speaker wire or don't want to run new speaker wire.  Mainly it's convenient if you plan to re-install the regular speakers when you sell the car - or if you just absolutely hate cutting the factory wiring).
    • Head unit (did you decide on one?)
    • Dash kit (only if replacing head unit)
    • Dash wiring harness (only if replacing head unit)
    • Either crimp caps or heat shrink and solder
    • Optional tools for removing the door trim.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • What make and model vehicle do you have ?

GLH Geeked

• It's a Dodge Intrepid 2000

• Don't make sense to use that kind of gear for a 2000 model car.

GLH Geeked

• I've only vaguely heard of V8 Audio - from what I remember, they are similar to Classic Auto Sound or JC Whitney - specialty gear mainly for classic cars - probably better than stock, but not much.

I'll get in trouble for this due to the forum rules, but look at the Pioneer DXT-2369UB from Wally-Mart.

Not positive, but I think it's essentially the DEH-5300UB with a pair of Pioneer 6.5 and Pioneer 6x9 speakers.

You would need a dash kit and wiring harness to install it (and speaker harness adapters if you don't want to cut ANY wires) - but it should be a good deal and probably better than you were considering for the same price.

Hope This Helps!!!

• Thank you for the reply. I ended up not doing the V8 Audio because it was a tad bit too shady for me.

So now I'm getting a pair of Polk DB 691 6X9 speakers and a pair of polk audio DB 651 6.5 speakers. I would still have to get the wiring harness and speaker harness adapter correct?

• If you are doing it yourself, you are going to need:

• Speakers (you said you are getting).
    • Speaker Harness adapters (only if you don't want to cut off the OEM connector and splice on the aftermarket speaker wire or don't want to run new speaker wire.  Mainly it's convenient if you plan to re-install the regular speakers when you sell the car - or if you just absolutely hate cutting the factory wiring).
    • Head unit (did you decide on one?)
    • Dash kit (only if replacing head unit)
    • Dash wiring harness (only if replacing head unit)
    • Either crimp caps or heat shrink and solder
    • Optional tools for removing the door trim.

Hope This Helps!!!

• marting24

I would still have to get the wiring harness and speaker harness adapter correct?

A wiring harness certainly is helpful with an install like this.  Simply input your vehicle info here to see what you'll need:

www.crutchfield.com/whatfits

• mike_242
    A wiring harness certainly is helpful with an install like this.

Only if the OP is also replacing the head unit along with the speakers.