Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

2011 Sorento Steering Control Interface AXXESS ASWC

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

2011 Sorento Steering Control Interface AXXESS ASWC

This question is answered

I installed my new head unit and the interface last night and can't get it (the steering controls) to work??  Has anyone successfully installed this on a Kia?  It says to "Connect the Green/Orange wire of the ASWC to pin 5 of the vehicle", I cut pin five from a harness that doesn't get reused. Also cut pin 6 to connect to ground, no luck???  Any ideas??

Verified Answer
  • Should be Pin 16 Power and Pin 17 GND on Connector C according to KiaTechInfo (that assumes the ASWC uses the SWC Remote input and Remote GND wires, but I can't think what else it would use ...):

sxmbe0002n.gif

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

[edited by: TigerHeli at 3:14 PM (GMT -5) on Tue, Apr 3 2012]

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • If you bought from Crutchfield, you should contact their technical support also.

Otherwise, you might want to contact Metra's technical support - latest info I can find is from 2006 and shows Pin 13 ...

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• The other thing you could do is check out a Kia forum and see if anyone there can help you. But if you bought from CF they will defiantly be able to help you out.

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

• Now that BIG teddy mentioned it - http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ should have radio wiring harness info along with full shop manuals online for your Sorento.

You have to register, but it is free and well worth it.

Hope This Helps!!!

• I'm going to try everything!!! I want to put my truck back together!!

• Should be Pin 16 Power and Pin 17 GND on Connector C according to KiaTechInfo (that assumes the ASWC uses the SWC Remote input and Remote GND wires, but I can't think what else it would use ...):

sxmbe0002n.gif

Hope This Helps!!!

[edited by: TigerHeli at 3:14 PM (GMT -5) on Tue, Apr 3 2012]

• Any update on this? Did you solve the problem and if so, how?

Anyone else have a suggestion?

• That is the correct answer.....AXXESS has connector C flipped and the pin numbers all messed up!!

• Thanks - shot an E-mail to Metra - hopefully they'll update the AXXESS documentation.

• Metra replied back, but their info seems to be correct.  If I go here, it says the GND is C17 and the control is C16, which matches the manual, but since the connectors aren't labelled, that doesn't help much - however, there is a link to this, which does match although the pins are numbered differently.

Perhaps you accidentally looked up the wrong vehicle?

In any case, I'm glad you got it working again.

[edited by: TigerHeli at 3:36 PM (GMT -5) on Wed, Apr 18 2012]