Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

2007 Grand Prix radio relocation

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

2007 Grand Prix radio relocation

This question is answered

i was wondering if anyone knew what adapter i needed to relocate my factory radio to the truck so i can retain the calendar function of the driver information center? It is a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP with the monsoon sound system

Verified Answer
  • http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/p/21725/249591.aspx

Wiring info.

Crutchfield doesn't carry them, but BestKit's used to sell an trunk relocation interface.  However, it looks like they only carry PAC wiring kits now.

Metra might sell a standard and reverse harness for your car - actually, the 70-2003t looks like what you want.

Otherwise, you could just run power and ground to the new radio from the fuse box, disconnect the speaker wires from the OEM radio and connect the new radio to those, and if necessary, remove the circuit board from the OEM radio and install that behind the dash.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

[edited by: TigerHeli at 9:42 AM (GMT -5) on Mon, Apr 9 2012]

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/p/21725/249591.aspx

Wiring info.

Crutchfield doesn't carry them, but BestKit's used to sell an trunk relocation interface.  However, it looks like they only carry PAC wiring kits now.

Metra might sell a standard and reverse harness for your car - actually, the 70-2003t looks like what you want.

Otherwise, you could just run power and ground to the new radio from the fuse box, disconnect the speaker wires from the OEM radio and connect the new radio to those, and if necessary, remove the circuit board from the OEM radio and install that behind the dash.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

[edited by: TigerHeli at 9:42 AM (GMT -5) on Mon, Apr 9 2012]

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Steinmizzle, did you take TigerHeli's advice?  If not, what did you use?