Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

2013 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew upgrades...

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

2013 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew upgrades...

• I recently purchased a 2013 F150 and want to upgrade the sound system. I'm looking for better speakers, amp, and a subwoofer. It's been easy in the past, but apparently the MS sync complicates things. Is it possible to add an amp and retain the HU and Sync capabilities?  Thank you in advance!

• Sorry no one got to this sooner.

Shouldn't be impossible to tap into the speaker leads for a signal to an external aftermarket amp. Sadly though, Crutchfield doesn't appear to have the wiring schematic on your truck.

As for replacing the speakers, a guy would need to figure out what impedance the OEM ones are and likely power output of the OEM amp.

• The newness of the truck is your holdback here.  There are essentially three ways to do it:

• The simplest and effective way to do it is to just splice into the speaker wires.
    • A more advanced solution would be using something like the AudioControl LC6i to sum the factory outputs and feed them to new subwoofer amps.
    • It may be possible to replace the HU and retain SYNC - Metra had a kit that would do so, but it used the AUX inputs on the new aftermarket head unit and used an external LCD display, so it really looked a bit "tacked on" - Also, depending on trim level, Ford may be running HVAC or other functions to the radio which prevents this from being an option.

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs