Head Unit Outputs and Amplifier Inputs

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

Head Unit Outputs and Amplifier Inputs

This question is not answered

I have been having a problem with the system in my car. I have a 1000 watt Sundown amp and 2 12" 500 watt subwoofers. I kept my factory head unit. Every time I turn off my car, my amp continues to power my subs for about 30 seconds then shuts off. It is very loud and annoying. I called the business that installed my system and they said there was an impedance fight between my factory radio and amplifier. Does this mean I need to buy a new head unit? If so, how do I match the outputs of the radio to my amp so that this problem won't continue to happen?

All Replies
  • The answer they gave makes no sense. However, you would have better control of your sound with  a nice Pioneer headunit. Does the headunit and subwoofer power up at the same time when you start the car ?

GLH Geeked

• Yes they power up at the same time. It's after I turn off my ignition that the amp continue to run a bass-like noise through my subs and it only stops after I open my trunk. A Pioneer head unit would stop this? I just don't want to drop $200 on a new radio and have this same issue. I don't exactly know what the problem is.

• Better figure out the problem before buying anything else, yes.

GLH Geeked