2003 Tahoe NoN-Bose, no sound from front speakers.

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

2003 Tahoe NoN-Bose, no sound from front speakers.

This question is not answered

i have a 03 tahoe with no bose or onstar.  i replaced the HU and all 4 door speakers.  the front speakers do not work at all.  i removed the unit and front speakers and bench tested the unit which worked fine.  once i put it all back in the vehicle same issue no sound from front speakers.  i cannot locate the amp in this model, i have checked the glove box, the center console is a third seat with the fold down arm rest.  where else could this amp be?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Red

All Replies
  • In a kickpanel or panel in the very back sidewall maybe.

GLH Geeked

• Only the Bose system equipped truck had an eternal OEM amplifier, which was located under the center console. If the front speakers aren't working, then there's a wiring issues somewhere.

Perhaps easier than locating the issue would be to run new speaker wire from the HU to each front speaker.

I know the front door woofers were wired in parallel with the tweeters, perhaps this is where the issue is occurring.

• Should be an amp with a single 15 wire harness plug under the instrument panel. Access it by lying on your back and looking up under the dash.

GLH Geeked