Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

2004 Mazda 6 Bose System..Replacement HU

Car Audio, Video, & GPS

Car Audio, Video, & GPS
Talk about stereos, navigation, amps, subs, and all things car audio

2004 Mazda 6 Bose System..Replacement HU

• My in dash CD changer was damaged in an collision.  Just purchased a in-dash dvd with monitor and metra kit. Now I am wondering was this a mistake can I install this with the Bose factory amps I really don't wanna bipass them and have hunks of metal under my seat serving no purpose. Is there a way to wire the amps to the head unit?  Would amplified wires burn up the factory amps?  Help?

• You got this Metra kit, correct?

I believe that kit uses the Bose amps anyway.  (I would bypass and remove the originals if you ever upgrade the speakers, though).

Can anyone else confirm this? 

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• I am trying to figure out how to wire this head unit.  I few people have said I need to put in a resistor loop to create a pre-amp signal from the HU. I am not an engineer I am not real sure to do this.  I can't be the first person to swap out a Bose system in an 04 Mazda 6 someone's got to have some experience with this.
  • You got this Metra kit, correct?

If so, I wouldn't think you would have to do anything except connect it up per the instructions. 

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs