Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

help on some sub ideas

Crutchfield.com

Crutchfield.com
What's new at our website, and the place for you to give us feedback

help on some sub ideas

• i got my 2 subs wired at 1 ohm each right now going to a 2 channel 1000 watt amp. its good. but when i change the song i hear a rumbling from the subs. all the wires are connected good but i always get a rumbling. and now my subs turn off randomly. again all the wires are hooked up tight but sometimes i will just lose bumps for some reason. they will turn on by themselves again. this doesnt happen often but it still does happen. someone help me out

skizo

• There aren't many 2-channel amps that are 1-ohm stable stereo.  Yours probably isn't one of them (whatever it is).

[edited by: TigerHeli at 11:32 AM (GMT -5) on Tue, Oct 14 2008]

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• I would go with the amp isnt 1 ohm stable. Buy nice amps trust me, it makes a HUGE difference.
  • My freind had this problem and the bass control nob was broken. As for the rumbbling that sounds like you have a bad ground somewhere. I have fixed this by buying a little box ( the name escapes me right now but when i remember ill let you know) it was only around 35 dollars and installation was easy. What kind of amp are you running that is stable at two 1 ohm channles? 

• Are your power and remote on the same side? If so, the power does tend to make a problem with the rumbling noises it gives off. To solve that run the remote and RCAs on the same side of your vehicle, on the opposite side from your power.

2000 Ford Mustang - Alpine CDA 9886, Alpine Type-X 12", PA OVN1-4000D