Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Results of Hi-fi 2.0 Mini Poll #1: Where do you listen? Living room and den

Crutchfield.com

Crutchfield.com
What's new at our website, and the place for you to give us feedback

Results of Hi-fi 2.0 Mini Poll #1: Where do you listen? Living room and den

• In our recent Mini Poll, we asked respondents to tell us where they do most of their listening. We intend to use the poll results to help us focus on the solutions that matter most to our readers.

Asked how frequently they listen in their living room, 419 people responded:

Daily

31%

Often

33%

Seldom

27%

Never

8%

Asked how frequently they listen in their den/rec room, 379 people said: 

Daily

22%

Often

34%

Seldom

19%

Never

25%

I'm a bit suprised to see 25% say they never listen in their den/rec room. Strikes me as a high number of seldom and never votes in both places. Have HDTVs and game consoles pushed music out of this territory? Why else would you avoid playing music in your gathering places?

Jim Richardson

• Again, the way you word a poll can seriously skew the results.

To me, living room would likely be the room with the big screen TV and the sofas, and a likely music listening place.

Rec room would most likely be either a pool table or maybe weight equipment and would likely be a listening place, but maybe not a gathering place.

Den, to me would likely be more like an office or library with either a computer and desk or a reading room - not a gathering place, and likely somewhere I might have music playing as a mild distraction, but not a true listening area for me.

Just my 2-cents and I can't say this is how others would view this.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs