Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Results of Hi-fi 2.0 Mini Poll #1: Deck/patio and workshop/garage

Crutchfield.com

Crutchfield.com
What's new at our website, and the place for you to give us feedback

Results of Hi-fi 2.0 Mini Poll #1: Deck/patio and workshop/garage

• In our recent Mini Poll, we asked respondents to tell us where they do most of their listening. We intend to use the poll results to help us focus on the solutions that matter most to our readers.

Asked how frequently they listen on their deck or pation, 375 people responded:

Daily

2%

Often

28%

Seldom

33%

Never

37%

Asked how frequently they listen in their garage, 380 people responded:

Daily

6%

Often

33%

Seldom

28%

Never

33%

If you agree with the majority who seldom or never listen in these spaces, please tell us why. If you're with the minority, tell us about your experience.

Jim Richardson

• Again, my two cents ...

We actually have a little boom box that sits in the garage, but we use our garage for storage and occasional yard sales - I think most people either don't spend any real time in the garage (let me turn the stereo on as I walk from the house to the car and then off before I drive away), or they might have a wood shop or similar in the garage, but audio and machine tools don't mix very well either.

Patio - deck: I'm guessing most people either are too lazy to find an outdoor power source, or not familiar with wireless/weatherproof speakers, or a bit of both.  That's pretty much my excuse.

Also - something you might not have considered - when I am doing yard work or mundane tasks that don't need concentration, I usually will use a portable MP3 player, which makes the answer to "Where do you do your listening?" ... EVERYWHERE!!!!

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs