Where can I find riser feet or spacers for AV equipment ventilation?

Home Audio

Home  Audio
Share thoughts on audio components, whole-house systems, cables, and speakers

Where can I find riser feet or spacers for AV equipment ventilation?

• I have so many AV boxes in my home theater that I need to stack two on each shelf. Even though I have open shelving, these boxes get hot (receiver and TiVos especially), and I'm worried about airflow.

So I've been searching all over the web for some kind of riser feet or spacers to use between the boxes. I found this site, which seemed perfect, but they are no longer for sale:

http://avrisers.net

I also found "isonode" anti-vibration feet, which are sort of like small rubber balls cut in half, but they are not really what I want since they provide very little height.

Other than those two, I'm drawing a complete blank. Does anyone know where I can find feet like on the AVRisers site? It would seem to be a great accessory for Crutchfield to carry. Equipment ventilation is a huge problem these days, especially in enclosed cabinets.

• If you are crafty, you could make some blocks out of wood or even metal if you have the equipment at hand.

You could then get some rubber mat and glue those to the risers and boom!  A nice and home-made solution to your issue. 

Also, have you thought about adding a supplemental fan to aid in airflow?

Currently working on my MBA program.  I hope to return sometime in December 2010. 

• Facetious suggestion.

Or wander around the hardware store or a hobby store.

• I made some taller feet for my old Yamaha. Here's how I did it. I bought a 1 foot section of the largest dowel rod I could find at Home Depot. I think it was 1 3/4". I cut 2" sections off with my miter saw. Then I put a 1/4" round over on the bottom of each with a router. This could also be done with some sandpaper. Then I drilled a 1/8" hole through the center of each foot and then finished each with a 1/4" hole about 3/4 of the way through as a counter sink to hold the screw head. I finished each by spray painting each foot with flat black Krylon spray paint. Lastly, I placed a small washer in the hole to give the screw head something to rest against and a small stick on rubber pad on the bottom from Home Depot. This worked for years and allowed the big old receiver to "breath". It cost about $4.00 and looked like something you would get in the store.
  • I was running a search on my new site to see if it had propagated yet and I found you guys. I have been making these for 6+ years now.Cool

Before I wrecked my old site I had quite a web presents.Super Angry Anyways, here is my new site URL for now. http://www.thenewavrisers.com/

Rick

• Anyone know if Rickot still makes these?