Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

New Turntable

Home Audio

Home  Audio
Share thoughts on audio components, whole-house systems, cables, and speakers

New Turntable

This question is answered

I'm considering purchasing a new turntable.  My Technics SL-BD20 is close to 30 years old and was inexpensive when I bought it new.  It also uses a P-mount cartridge, so my choices are limited.  I'm thinking about retiring this table and getting a new one.  I've looked at the Project tables on this site, and thank you Alex....I liked the review you posted on the Rega.  I had a chance to listen to the Rega at our county's only real audio store and liked the sound of it.  I'd be curious to hear what other folks think...any really great tables out there that do not cost a fortune???? My budget is about $400-$500 max.  I can always upgrade the cart a year or two down the road.

"Just a world that we all must share.  It's not enough just to stand and stare..."        Pink Floyd   On the Turning Away

Verified Answer
  • I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better turntable/cartridge combo than the Rega RP1 for $500.

RESIma

All Replies
  • I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better turntable/cartridge combo than the Rega RP1 for $500.

RESIma

• Alex you are probably right!  And I had a feeling I would hear from you.  I really liked the one I heard at the local store, so I think that is the one I am going to get in the next month or so.  Gotta do something more fun with my money this month....send one check to the IRS and another to the State of CA!   Lucky me!! 

"Just a world that we all must share.  It's not enough just to stand and stare..."        Pink Floyd   On the Turning Away

• Bummer.

I'm really pleased with the RP1, especially since I've had it a while now. Mine is the stock version, btw.

RESIma