I am trying to add firetv to my Denon 1909

Home Audio

Home  Audio
Share thoughts on audio components, whole-house systems, cables, and speakers

I am trying to add firetv to my Denon 1909

• After many hours, I finally have Amazon Fire TV added to my Denon 1909 .I have the HDMI directly from the tv to Fire tv, I then have the Optical from the Fire tv to Optical 2 on the Denon. I can actually get this to work however to switch between Directv, DVD and Firetv takes multiple steps. 

The Denon manual is a joke, before adding the Amazon Fire TV, I had only to touch Quick connect to switch on DVD or Directv!

I recall when I originally installed my Denon 1909 it took days to get it working well!

• The Denon AVR-1909 should offer HDMI switching for three sources. This should allow you to run the HDMI from your DirectTV HD box, Blu-ray/dvd player & the FireTV to the three inputs on the Denon and a single HDMI cable from the Denon to the input of your television.

In this configuration, you should only have to select the desired source on the Denon and have the corresponding video appear on the television (never having to change the input selection on the TV again).

I hope that helps.

Anyone else have a good recommendation?

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan

• Ryan,

I have Directv to hdmi3 and optical1  .. works fine

I have DVD to hdmi1 .. works fine

If I put Firetv to hdmi2, I get no audio  .. also tried optical2 from firetv .. no luck

Isn't this the correct configuration?

Thanks,

Frank

• You shouldn’t need both HDMI & optical from the same source to the Denon. HDMI carries both the video & audio signal so you should be able to get everything you need from each source with a single HDMI connection from them to the Denon.  

While we do not offer the FireHD, it likely has an “options” or “Settings” menu where you can opt to use the HDMI connection for carrying the audio signal. The same goes for the DirecTV receiver.

I hope that helps.

Anyone else have a good recommendation?

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan