Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

denon receiver keeps shutting off and blinking red

Home Audio

Home  Audio
Share thoughts on audio components, whole-house systems, cables, and speakers

denon receiver keeps shutting off and blinking red

• I have had a denon receiver for 7 or so months and have had no problems.  recently, however, that has changed.

my current problems:

1.) every so often, denon will just stop recognizing my ipod.  to fix it, I have to unplug and replug denon back in for it to recognize it again.  it is annoying, as I have to moving furniture around to get to the plug.

2.) just NOW, denon will not stay on for more than 5 seconds.  after being turned on, it immediately turns off and blinks red.  I read online that wires could be touching, or it could be a bad speaker connection.  even after disconnecting ALL wires from denon, it is still turning off after 5 seconds and blinking red.

any ideas? thoughts?

• i just ended up calling and got an answer.  thanks.

• Moved to home audio ...

Would you mind sharing what the solution was, in case anyone else has a similar issue?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• the rate of the blinking red eye is variable, depending on the issue.  in my case, it was blinking approximately 2 times per second.  *I THINK* i was told this is likely a faulty amplifier, which will need to be replaced.  i forget exactly what he told me, but 2-times-per-second-blinky-red-light is not a good thing.  

after i was told my poor denon was in need of repair i didn't even bother asking about the ipod issue.