Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

volume problem

Home Audio

Home  Audio
Share thoughts on audio components, whole-house systems, cables, and speakers

volume problem

• I have problem with the volume on my Onkyo TX-NR709. When people are speaking the volume is very low. But the background volume (explosions, birds chirping,  waves crashing) is high. I'm sure it's just a setting that I overlooked. I've tired a factory reset and it hasn't changed. Any help would be appreciated.

• Moved to home audio.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• For sources with a Dolby Digital sound track (DVD, Blu-ray, HD channel, Netflix, etc.) you should be able to use the "Late Night Feature":

The Late Night feature limits the dynamic range of Dolby Digital recordings. Limiting the dynamic range makes it easier to find a volume that ensures the quiet sounds are not too quiet and the loud sounds are not too loud for night time listening. This allows you to comfortably listen to without the need to constantly adjust the volume to keep from waking family/neighbors. The choices are: Off, Low, and High.

Note: This feature only works with Dolby Digital Encoded software and the depth of the feature will vary based on the individual software package.

Hope that helps!

Anyone else have a good recommendation?

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan