Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Simple receiver requirements - what do you suggest?

Home Audio

Home  Audio
Share thoughts on audio components, whole-house systems, cables, and speakers

Simple receiver requirements - what do you suggest?

• I have very simply needs for a receiver.  I want to use it to drive two very old (don't laugh as they sound great) Bose 501 speakers from the early 70s.  Audio inputs required are simply a Bluetooth receiver and a CD player.  The Bluetooth receiver gets the music from my iPhone and iPad.  Remote control is a must.

Obviously, if the receiver has the Bluetooth built in all the better.  Just two speakers so I don't need 5:1 or 7:1 and don't want to pay for it.

Any recommendations?

BTW, in looking to possibly upgrade my speakers I can't understand how $1350 speakers like these www.crutchfield.com/.../MartinLogan-ElectroMotion-ESL-High-gloss-Piano-Black.html with an 8" woofer can sound better than mine with a much larger woofer.

• Woofer size does not matter in the quality of sound produced. My 2010 model Bose 301IV's have 8" woofers and 2 x 3" 'twiddlers' (such a funny word). I will put them against your 70's model 501"s, as far as sound quality. The quality of sound starts with your source anyway. My 320 mbps music files are probably higher quality than your Bluetooth signal can be.

GLH Geeked