Using two receivers together

Home Audio

Home  Audio
Share thoughts on audio components, whole-house systems, cables, and speakers

Using two receivers together

• i just purchased a Marantz 7007 and 7025 a/v amp and amp combo.  I love them both.  Is there a way to use my old 6005 to run outside speakers/kitchen?  If so what output should I use from the 7007 and to the 6005.  N.b. That I am already using the preamp out "front r/l" from the 7007 for the 7025.

• Moved to home audio.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Using the 'Zone 2' or 'Zone 3' RCA pre-amp outputs of the SR7007 would allow you to listen to the same or different source through your 6005 and connected speakers.

Like most multi-zone receivers, the available sources for output to the secondary zones is restricted:

*Compatible Sources - Only tuner, analog, USB, and Network sources can be played in both Zone 2 & Zone 3. Zone 2 also supports output of HDMI 1-6 audio/video signals. To hear AirPlay in Zone 2/3, you must first start playing Airplay in the Main Zone. Once you have selected AirPlay in Zone 2/3, you can then switch the source of the Main Zone. *Incompatible Sources - You cannot select different AM/FM radio stations or different Network content for different zones. Digital audio from optical and coaxial inputs cannot be output to Zone 2 or Zone 3 (Zone 3 does not support HDMI audio). Zone 3 does not output any video sources (HDMI, composite, or component).

You will find this information, and more, by clicking the "Details" tab on the Marantz's main webpage and scrolling down below the "Features & Specs" table.

I hope that helps.

Anyone else have a good recommendation?  

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan