Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Music Videos/Creating a Substantial Library Play List

Home Audio

Home  Audio
Share thoughts on audio components, whole-house systems, cables, and speakers

Music Videos/Creating a Substantial Library Play List

• This forum section seems to be the largest and and most active, so really that's the primary reason I'll ask the question here.

From time to time I'll get in the mood, to crank up the speakers on my PC and visit Youtube.com,  then sit and listen to several

music videos.  I have a super wide range of listening interest,  whatever the genre is, as long as it makes me crank up

the volume.   It comes down to the collection and number of choices at Youtube with a severe handicap.  Youtube strips out the original

audio tracks and doesn't stream the 5.1 version for any of the films stored there.  My question for everyone here (and please excuse my

shoopers ignorance on this)  If I wanted to retire my Pioneer VSX47TX reciever and buy one of the latest Elite Series,  If I wanted to start

accumulating a vast array of the same music videos one finds at YouTube,  but the one's I collect and store on my Samsung Note 4,

have the original digital audio tracks intact,  where do i shop and find a wide array of music videos.  At Youtube I like the original music videos

and much as the Live Performance early concerts.  A mixture of both.  If I want to use my SmartPhone as storage and interface the phone with

an upgraded stereo receiver,  are my options really limited.  Are they so limited that the investment is questionable ?

In the past I have bought packaged packaged CD sets from places like Best Buy,  which the artist selection in question packaged on stage performances

with the multiple CD set.  Going that route though, If you like the pure sound like which accompanies the MTV style music video,  your out of luck.

Any insights, suggestions and/or opinions are welcome, I just pondering my best options.  TY

• If you want to use your smart device (phone tablet) you'll want a receiver/amplifier with an "MHL Capable HDMI input".

For example, check out the blurb for this capability on the very popular Onkyo TX-NR727 model:

Front-Panel HDMI (MHL) Port: The front-panel HDMI port is designed for the connection of select mobile phones and other portable electronic devices using the new MHL standard. Simply plug your MHL compatible smartphone into the receiver's front-panel HDMI port using the HDMI cable that is included with your mobile phone. MHL allows you to display full 1080p video and still images on your HDTV with up to 7.1 channels of surround sound. Play, Stop, and other basic operations can be controlled from the AV receiver's remote control. Your connected smartphone is also recharged upon connection, and no separate power supply for the device is necessary while connected to the receiver.

If you were to switch to an Apple iPhone, you could add an AppleTV and use the Airplay feature to stream Audio & Video to your system wirelessly.

I hope that helps.

Anyone else have a good recommendation?

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan