Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Infinity Reference R162 Bookshelf Speakers

Home Audio

Home  Audio
Share thoughts on audio components, whole-house systems, cables, and speakers

Infinity Reference R162 Bookshelf Speakers

• I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to sit down and listen to these Infinity's??  Sound and Vision gave them a pretty solid review that I read on their website.  These will replace a pair of Infinity Alphas (same size drivers) that were damaged a year or so ago when my beloved Nakamichi receiver died.  I am currently running the Alphas with aftermarket tweeters, and I'm at a point where it's time to let them go.  

Alternatively, if anyone has bought another brand of bookshelf speakers with similar drive configuration and are pleased with them, I would love to hear about it!!  I listen to mostly music and these speakers will be ran with a Sunfire powered subwoofer.

Thanks for your input!

Steve

"Just a world that we all must share.  It's not enough just to stand and stare..."        Pink Floyd   On the Turning Away

• They are great. I have similar models in my home (Infinity Beta) and the Reference R162 are the closest 'descendant' of each (Alpha & Beta). They use the same C.M.M.D. materials for excellent performance and accuracy. The main difference is the new Advance Image Control WaveGuide on the tweeters for better high frequency dispersion throughout the listening area.

I hope that helps!

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan