Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Bose QuietComfort 15: too high expectations?

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Bose QuietComfort 15: too high expectations?

• I recently  purchased the Bose QC 15 from Crutchfield for use on flights. I was disappointed yesterday when the airplane noise reduction was not, as advertised: "When you fly with QC15 headphones, engine roar fades to a whisper [ad on Amazon]" but reduced to a loud fan. I had to turn the volume up on the music to hear the music clearly. I don't deny that were was noise reduction but not as much as expected, nor as quiet as I remember on the demo at a Bose store.

I guess I am wondering if my expectations were too high and the glowing testimonials on Crutchfield's website deceptive? Thanks for any insight?

ps. I understand how noise cancelling works so was not expecting noise reduction of, for example, voices, baby crying, etc.

• I hate that no one has responded in all this time. While I have not used them on an airplane, I can say that in our demo room we have played a recording of a jet engine at extremely loud levels. I thought they were similar levels to what I heard from when I flew in a twin engine cessna type plane.

http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul