Grado PS1000 vs Grado PS1000e

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Grado PS1000 vs Grado PS1000e

• Does any one know what changes were being made from Grado PS1000 when it became Grado PS1000e.This is the newer version with the (e) .I got sent the older model by mistake, and wondered is I should push the issue.  I got the older model for $1295 ($400 off regular price, and I emailed the salesman already, just received gthem today.

Thank you in advance.

MLKIDS

• According to Grado’s website, “Every single component, surface, and material used in The e Series has been upgraded and optimized for one purpose - outstanding dynamics and fidelity.” Here are the key upgrades:

• Improved enclosures – Grado developed new enclosures for each of their models to further minimize resonance and distortion. This helps ensure sound that is cleaner and clearer. For models with wooden earcups, Grado has developed a new method of curing the wood so that the sound remains as uncolored as possible.

• Improved drivers and magnets – again, these are just tweaks to the original design for more accuracy and better dynamics.

• New cables – Grado improved the cable for better sound, including the use of Rhodium – a premium metal – in the connectors to prevent corrosion and ensure accurate signal transmission.

Hope that helps!

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan