Type of cable from Alpine head unit to Creative Zen

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Type of cable from Alpine head unit to Creative Zen

This question is answered

Hey everyone, i have an Alpine car stereo that is about 4 years old. I'm not even sure of the model # right now. If i need it i will get it as soon as possible. I recently connected my Creative Zen to it by buying a cable with a round head at one end with about 7 or 8 pins. The other end had a regular stereo plug. It connected at the back of the stereo.

I am trying to figure out the name of the plug again. It is having issues at the stereo plug and not letting both channels through unless the plug is sitting just right. It's only about 6 months old. I just purchasd the cheapest cable i could find before. I think i will spend a little more money on it this time.  

The main thing is i forgot the name of this type of cable, it is something kinda strange and i need to find another one. Anybody have any ideas what it is called and if Crutchfield carries it?

Thanks, Jerry.

Verified Answer
  • Nice deck,

That is the older M-Bus adapter.  The KCM-122B is probably the best cable for you - I don't know if you might find one on E-bay or NOS (New Old Stock - nice oxymoron) somewhere.

If you don't have any luck, CF has a P.I.E M-bus to RCA or Alpine M-bus to AI-Net, but that would be a 2 or 3 cable adapter solution ....

Hope This Helps!!!

[edited by: TigerHeli at 7:16 AM (GMT -5) on Sat, Dec 5 2009] Typo

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • Would it be this one?

That sounds like what you are describing.

The head unit end is called an AI-Net plug.

The other end are RCA jacks.

You would need an RCA to mini-jack adapter to connect to the Zen's headphone output.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Very similar, but not quite. It does have a round end like the one pictured, but it has more like 7 or 8 pins in a circular pattern.

It is the Alpine CDM-9801 model.

• I did a little more research (which i should have done from the start), and found that it is called the "KCM-122B interface cable"

The one i bought before was from an internet cable supply company that had a stereo plug on the end, which i would rather have, instead of RCA cables and have to patch in another cable. I don't think Alpine makes the one with the stereo plug. So i will have to do some more web surfing to find the right one. Kinda hard to find. But this time i will spend a little more to get better quality.

Thanks Tigerheli.

[edited by: Iowabucks at 12:35 PM (GMT -5) on Wed, Dec 2 2009]
  • Nice deck,

That is the older M-Bus adapter.  The KCM-122B is probably the best cable for you - I don't know if you might find one on E-bay or NOS (New Old Stock - nice oxymoron) somewhere.

If you don't have any luck, CF has a P.I.E M-bus to RCA or Alpine M-bus to AI-Net, but that would be a 2 or 3 cable adapter solution ....

Hope This Helps!!!

[edited by: TigerHeli at 7:16 AM (GMT -5) on Sat, Dec 5 2009] Typo

• M-Bus to mini plug, thats what i need. Too bad they are discontinued. At least i know what they are called now. I should be able to find one somewhere.

Thanks TigerHeli.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-AVGORQlUU0g/p_500KCM123B/Alpine-KCM-123B.html

• Iowabucks
    mini plug

Mini jack, actually, but that should get you close.  Good luck with the search!!!!