Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Alpine Ipod/MP3 integration

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Alpine Ipod/MP3 integration

This question is answered

I have an old Alpine CDA-7894 with the AI Net connector.  Can I use the PAC AI-Net adapter to hook up a regular MP3 player to my radio, using the 3.5mm minijack supplied with the kit?  If you are not recharging a player, do you need to wire up the power and ground leads of this adapter?  I can't seem to find any detailed installation instructions on this adapter anywhere.

Verified Answer
  • If you will be using a “regular MP3” player and not an Apple iPod, I would not recommend using the PAC adapter you’ve referenced. I would recommend using the Alpine KCA-121B auxiliary audio input adapter. This adapter plugs to the Ai-Net port on the back of your stereo and converts it into a standard set of female RCA audio inputs. To connect your player, I also recommend adding a quality minijack to male RCA cable like the Monster MCON-2M.

If you do own a compatible Apple iPod, then the PAC Ai-Net iPod adapter would be your best bet. If you would like to charge the iPod’s internal battery while its connected, then you will need to connect the power and ground leads of this adapter.

I hope that helps.

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan

All Replies
  • If you will be using a “regular MP3” player and not an Apple iPod, I would not recommend using the PAC adapter you’ve referenced. I would recommend using the Alpine KCA-121B auxiliary audio input adapter. This adapter plugs to the Ai-Net port on the back of your stereo and converts it into a standard set of female RCA audio inputs. To connect your player, I also recommend adding a quality minijack to male RCA cable like the Monster MCON-2M.

If you do own a compatible Apple iPod, then the PAC Ai-Net iPod adapter would be your best bet. If you would like to charge the iPod’s internal battery while its connected, then you will need to connect the power and ground leads of this adapter.

I hope that helps.

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan