Kenwood DDX512 doesn't recognize iPod

This question is answered

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone could help me troubleshoot... I have a Kenwood DDX512. I purchased and installed a KCA-ip300V cable exactly as directed to connect my ipod.  When I connect the iPod, it charges, and displays the "Do Not Disconnect", but the radio does not recognize it.  It thinks there's nothing connected.  When I go to the "Source" menu and choose either iPod OR USB, it says "Disconnected".

I imagined that it might be something with the USB connector cable, so I disconnected the iPod again and instead connected a thumb drive to the USB, which the radio recognized right away.  HELP! I have no idea what else could be the problem!

Verified Answer
  • Hello Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your iPod and the connectivity to the Kenwood DDX512. In my opinion, the first step for you should be to go to the Kenwood website and check to see if you have the latest firmware updates available. There have been updates for both the DDX512 and the iP301V interface. Hopefully, that will be all you need to do.

Let us know if that doesn't work out for you.

All Replies
  • Hello Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your iPod and the connectivity to the Kenwood DDX512. In my opinion, the first step for you should be to go to the Kenwood website and check to see if you have the latest firmware updates available. There have been updates for both the DDX512 and the iP301V interface. Hopefully, that will be all you need to do.

Let us know if that doesn't work out for you.