ipod integration with yamaha ax 700u and wadia dock

This question is answered

I have an old but excellent Yamaha integrated amp that I will not part with anytime soon. I've ripped all my cd's to my ipod classic and usually use that as my playback device. Sounds pretty good but I'm considering getting the wadia to bypass the circuitry in my ipod. I use a similar device in my truck (Pioneer) and the difference is most definitely noticable. My question is this: if the wadia will bypass the dac converter in the ipod and feed a straight digital signal to my amp, am I to assume that using the cd direct circuitry in the Yamaha will work as I want?

Verified Answer
  • I was unable to locate the spec's on the AX700u. I'm assuming this is a digital connection? So long as it had a coaxial digital input, there should be no problem. The Yamaha will use its internal DAC to decode the audio, and deliver a dramatic improvement in sound quality.

www.crutchfield.com/Malcolm
All Replies
  • I was unable to locate the spec's on the AX700u. I'm assuming this is a digital connection? So long as it had a coaxial digital input, there should be no problem. The Yamaha will use its internal DAC to decode the audio, and deliver a dramatic improvement in sound quality.

www.crutchfield.com/Malcolm