Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Kenwood DNX6160 - iPhone 3Gs stuck in "reading/ disconnecting" cycle

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Kenwood DNX6160 - iPhone 3Gs stuck in "reading/ disconnecting" cycle

This question is answered

I've just installed my new Kenwood DNX6160, along with the KCA-IP301V, ipod/ iphone cable.  Whe I first tested my system yesterday, everything worked properly, and the HU was allowing me to browse the iPhone, and watch/ listen to both movies and music.

Last night, I synced my iPhone to add some new music.  No firmware or app updates occured on the device.

This morning, I connected the iPhone to the cable, and the Kenwood said "reading" for about 10 seconds, then "Disconnected" for about 10 seconds, then back to "reading".  It stays in this cycle constantly.

I've rebooted the iPhone a few times, and it has the most up to date firmware.  I've also attempted to restart the Kenwood, both with the iPhone connected, and without.  It just stays constantly in this cycle.  It does not seem to be a loose cable, as I've checked all cabling connections, and they are firmly seated.  The bluetooth is turned off on my iPhone, as I have a Blackberry Storm that is used for calls. 

As the DNX6160 is so new, I cannot seem to find any documentation anywhere on Kenwood's or Apple's site regarding this issue.

Verified Answer
  • I unfortunatley don't have another iPod I can test with, however, I believe it may be resolved.  I rebooted the iPhone one last time and it has been working just fine the past few days.  I have not resynced the iPhone since then though, so I will test it this weekend.

I'm having another problem, this time with my Blackberry Storm and the Phonebook transferring. I'll open a new discussion for it however.

All Replies
  • Do you happen to have a normal iPod you can try on this radio or can you try your iPhone on a different radio? We'll need to substitute one way or the other to get moving in the right direction to see where the problem is.

Shawn

• I have this same exact problem.  I tried both an Iphone 3g (no S), and an Itouch that worked fine, but my 3GS would connect, show that is was charging, the kenwood would say reading and then 5-10 seconds later it would disconnect and start the whole process over.  I have the latest update for the 3GS on my phone.

• I unfortunatley don't have another iPod I can test with, however, I believe it may be resolved.  I rebooted the iPhone one last time and it has been working just fine the past few days.  I have not resynced the iPhone since then though, so I will test it this weekend.

I'm having another problem, this time with my Blackberry Storm and the Phonebook transferring. I'll open a new discussion for it however.

• I have the same issue with the Iphone 3Gs. I have problem with the Itouch only the Iphone.

• iPhone OS4 fixed the problem for myself & my wife