Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Clarion nz409 not reading ipod classic (80gig)

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Clarion nz409 not reading ipod classic (80gig)

This question is answered

Please help me!!!!! i've been racking my brain, and i've been all over the search results to find a correction to my issue.  My ipod is i guess a first generation video 80 gig, i bought a 20$ ipod video integration cable, hooked it all up per Clarion manual and all i get is an error on screen.  Do all my Mp3 files have to be converted to Mp4's or do i have to buy the $59.99 cable from Crutchfield or ipod online store??? Am I better off getting a portable hard drive or cracking my ipod into a hard drive? My success depends on the mad scientists out there who have helped me out of so many jams before, you guys are amazing and I need your help this time share the wealth PLEASE!!!!!

Verified Answer
  • If you bought from CF - please contact their tech support.

The NZ409 should work with any iPod except for the mini and video on the 1st or 2nd Gen Nano.

MP3's should play, and the standard iPod cable should work. The Clarion cable should work also - but I wouldn't think it would fix the issue unless your $20 cable is defective.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • If you bought from CF - please contact their tech support.

The NZ409 should work with any iPod except for the mini and video on the 1st or 2nd Gen Nano.

MP3's should play, and the standard iPod cable should work. The Clarion cable should work also - but I wouldn't think it would fix the issue unless your $20 cable is defective.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs