Mustang 2010 Bluetooth Ideas

This question is answered

Need aftermarket ideas to install bluetooth in 2010+ mustangs.  The goal is to stay away from from Parrot or any other additives but instead access the unused "phone" button on the factory radio.

The most feasible option seems to be adding the PXAMG peripheral media gateway

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541PXAMG/Peripheral-Media-Gateway.html?search=PXAMG&ssi=0&tp=120

along with the BT addon ISBT21 (not listend in crutchfield)

However I have two big doubts on this matter:

1. The iSimple website, which it's the manufacturer of this item lists the ISBT21 to be not compatible with the 2010 Mustang.

2. The product description of the ISBT21 notes that it ONLY works with IPhones.

I would like someone (or Crutchfield) to clarify this Iphone exclusivity issue with both devices and if so, whether other phone types (mainly the Android for me but also the Blackberry and Palm) are compatible with these devices.

Verified Answer
  • We don't carry the Bluetooth piece so I only have their web information to go from. As stated, they do talk specifically about it only being guaranteed to be compatible with iPhones. I'm not sure why they would do that, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing I've ever heard either.

One thing that strikes me as strange though, is that in the instructions for the unit, it states that the unit must be in satellite mode to function. If you switch to any other source, it disconnects. To me, that kind of defeats the purpose. It looks like it will limit you to remaining on that source and only being able to stream audio from the iPhone.

If you have to have it work specifically through the radio, I think you're going to be relegated to buying Ford's part.

Shawn

All Replies
  • We don't carry the Bluetooth piece so I only have their web information to go from. As stated, they do talk specifically about it only being guaranteed to be compatible with iPhones. I'm not sure why they would do that, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing I've ever heard either.

One thing that strikes me as strange though, is that in the instructions for the unit, it states that the unit must be in satellite mode to function. If you switch to any other source, it disconnects. To me, that kind of defeats the purpose. It looks like it will limit you to remaining on that source and only being able to stream audio from the iPhone.

If you have to have it work specifically through the radio, I think you're going to be relegated to buying Ford's part.

Shawn