DDX 514 and ipod / iphone problems

This question is answered

I have a DDX 514 installed - and working fine - except my ipod (60GB video) / iphone (3g).  I have the appropriate cable (KCA-ip301V A42).  When I plug my iphone in (and the ipod)...it reads (on the H/U), READING..then DISCONNECTING.  It does this over and over again.  Anyone know what causes this?  I might have the incorrect cable (bought it on ebay - said it was the ip301v..should work with DDX 514... but I am suspect... it could be different / older model perhaps).  I have reset the H/U, and updated all firmware on the ipod, iphone, and the H/U.  Can anyone help? 

Verified Answer
  • The cable should be the right one based on the model number of the cable. I did run into a similar issue a week or so ago and resetting the iPod seemed to clear it up. You might also try to do a restore so that it rewrites the firmware and re-syncs the music.

Shawn

All Replies
  • The cable should be the right one based on the model number of the cable. I did run into a similar issue a week or so ago and resetting the iPod seemed to clear it up. You might also try to do a restore so that it rewrites the firmware and re-syncs the music.

Shawn

• I have the same H/U and Ipod cable, and Iphone 3G, but a different problem. After my install of the HU, I had wired the IPOD audio cable incorrectly had the yellow correct but the black plug was in the wrong port on the HU. (had video and visual from IPOD but no sound) so I corrected my mistake and  plugged the black audio plug into the right port. Now IPOD  works great, EXCEPT for playing video from the ipod. I select music video, and music starts, then I press the album artwork and i get the blue screen and "No Video source" or something like that..lol.  I haven't tried to restore the ipod yet...  But after reading this...I will.  Is there something else I'm missing?

2004 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE   Kenwood DNX514, Cadence 6.5 Component Seperates (f), Punch 4.5's (r),  2 Kenwood KFC W2511 10's , Clarion Mono Amp, Sony 4ch. 

SEMPER FI!  WAR EAGLE!

• I'm not sure, but I think there is a menu setting to tell it the AUX input that is sending video from the iPod is being used by an iPod ...

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Ok I figured it out...(for my problem) I had to select "VIDEO" from the bottom menu bar (the menu bar that shows the tuner preset buttons when in Tuner mode). This pulled up all the Video selections on my ipod. Alls well now.

2004 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE   Kenwood DNX514, Cadence 6.5 Component Seperates (f), Punch 4.5's (r),  2 Kenwood KFC W2511 10's , Clarion Mono Amp, Sony 4ch. 

SEMPER FI!  WAR EAGLE!