Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Pioneer or Kenwood Ipod adapter on an Alpine stereo head?

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Pioneer or Kenwood Ipod adapter on an Alpine stereo head?

This question is answered

Can someone explain how the Pioneer CD-iU50V and Kenwood KCA-iP200 Ipod adapters different from each other (if they are different)?

Furthermore is there any reason why these adapters would be incompatible with any car receiver (Example: Alpine CDE-100) that has 3.5mm aux audio port and USB port for 5v changing? (I'm not interested in full Ipod/Stereo integration)

Reactor89

Verified Answer
  • Reactor89, these adapters are brand proprietary, and not cross compatible with other brand receivers. The Pioneer adapter only works with Pioneer receivers, the Kenwood adapter with Kenwood receivers, etc.

The Alpine CDE-100 is not designed to be iPod interfacable. It does not offer the neccessary Ai-Net connection or high speed iPod connection needed for an Alpine receiver to be compatible with their interfaces. The USB connection also is not capable of communicating with an iPod. I really wish I had better news for you there. The only way to connect your iPod is using the AUX minijack audio input using a 3.5mm minijack audio cable.

www.crutchfield.com/Malcolm
All Replies
  • Reactor89, these adapters are brand proprietary, and not cross compatible with other brand receivers. The Pioneer adapter only works with Pioneer receivers, the Kenwood adapter with Kenwood receivers, etc.

The Alpine CDE-100 is not designed to be iPod interfacable. It does not offer the neccessary Ai-Net connection or high speed iPod connection needed for an Alpine receiver to be compatible with their interfaces. The USB connection also is not capable of communicating with an iPod. I really wish I had better news for you there. The only way to connect your iPod is using the AUX minijack audio input using a 3.5mm minijack audio cable.

www.crutchfield.com/Malcolm
  • Malcolm
    The Alpine CDE-100 is not designed to be iPod interfacable

Exactly, my goal is not have an iPod interface with a stereo head.

My goal is to have a single iPod adapter doing two jobs. Job one, charge iPod with 5v USB power. Job two, transmit audio to a stereo via 3.5mm minijack (TRS).

Couldn't the Pioneer CD-iU50V or Kenwood KCA-iP200 perform the two jobs I described above with any system that has a USB port delivering 5v DC power and a 3.5mm AUX audio input?

Reactor89