Iphone iOSv4 Compatibioity

This question is answered

With the release of the new iPhone operating system (iOS4) we could really use a way to know which head units are going to be compatible. I'm seeing LOTS of frustration from users who already own head units that are no longer working with their iPhones after the OS upgrade that came out yesterday.

Thanks for anything the Crutchfield team can do to help!

Joe

Verified Answer
  • Hey Joe,

Alpine has a troubleshooting guide here, but I've used their directions on a number of different brand head units. It seems that reseting both the head unit and iPod resolves a vast number of issues. In addition, I've found that closing background apps running in iOS 4 helps as well.

I hope that helps.

[edited by: J P at 11:07 AM (GMT -5) on Sat, Jul 10 2010]
    www.crutchfield.com/bio/JP
All Replies
  • Not much help, but we can say the Alpine IDA-X303 is NOT compatible (at least until a possible firmware update, but I don't have any info about that either).

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Hey Joe,

Alpine has a troubleshooting guide here, but I've used their directions on a number of different brand head units. It seems that reseting both the head unit and iPod resolves a vast number of issues. In addition, I've found that closing background apps running in iOS 4 helps as well.

I hope that helps.

[edited by: J P at 11:07 AM (GMT -5) on Sat, Jul 10 2010]
    www.crutchfield.com/bio/JP