Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

PLEASE HELP!!! New iTunes 4.0 Update is not syncing well with my Kenwood head unit I bought last march.

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

PLEASE HELP!!! New iTunes 4.0 Update is not syncing well with my Kenwood head unit I bought last march.

This question is answered

When I plugged my ipod touch into my computer the other day it needed to update to the latest version of itunes which I guess is 4.0  but ever sense tha update it will not work worth a crap when I plug the USB sync cable that feeds the audio through my Kenwood Car Steareo!  I bought it last March and it's the Kenwood KDC-HD942U model.  I'm not sure if it that this stereo is just no compatible with the new update but surely that is not the case!  It (the ipod) works just fine under hand control mode but when i try to control it through the head unit I can't access any of my playlist! The only thing I can do it play songs straight from my entire library and that is aggravating!  The Playlist screen just shows playlist numbers (not names) but you can't select any of them and it is really slow in responding!

Is there ANYWAY that I can rollback the update to 3.1.3 version of itunes cause it worked fine then?  I have done system restore on my PC and also have restored my ipod to brand new (erased everything) and nothing works!   Anybody else having this problem?  Please Help!

P.S.  I'm gonna be out of town till Monday July 5th so I hope someone has a solution to my problem when I get back home and check this thread.    Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Hey ski26er,

Rolling back the firmware on an iPod is generally a bit of a pain, but you can check out a fix that involves resetting the iPod and stereo in this thread here. You may need to check your instruction manual on how to reset your specific stereo but the iPod reset instructions will work for you.

I hope that helps.

www.crutchfield.com/bio/JP
All Replies
  • Hey ski26er,

Rolling back the firmware on an iPod is generally a bit of a pain, but you can check out a fix that involves resetting the iPod and stereo in this thread here. You may need to check your instruction manual on how to reset your specific stereo but the iPod reset instructions will work for you.

I hope that helps.

www.crutchfield.com/bio/JP