60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

(PA15-GM) says the XM is "theft locked"

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

(PA15-GM) says the XM is "theft locked"

This question is answered

(PA15-GM)

I installed it into a 06 GMC with nav/XM. And the problem Im having is that I lose my XM it says it's "theft locked" but if I unplug the PA15 and replug the factory XM back up it works. Am I doing it wrong ?

Thanks

Greg

Verified Answer
  • Hey Greg,

The problem you're describing almost sounds as if the PA15-GM isn't in the correct control mode. The unit can be set to work like a CD changer, or like a XM tuner. Depending on how the DIP switches are set, the unit will be in the corresponding mode.

How do you currently have your DIP switches currently configured? Ideally you would have one of two configurations, depending on if you're using the AUX input on the unit or not.

If using the AUX input, DIP switches 1, 3 & 4 should be in the "OFF" position, leaving switch 2 in the "ON" position.

If not using the AUX input, DIP switches 3 & 4 should be in the "OFF" position, leaving 1 & 2 in the "ON" position.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All Replies
  • Hey Greg,

The problem you're describing almost sounds as if the PA15-GM isn't in the correct control mode. The unit can be set to work like a CD changer, or like a XM tuner. Depending on how the DIP switches are set, the unit will be in the corresponding mode.

How do you currently have your DIP switches currently configured? Ideally you would have one of two configurations, depending on if you're using the AUX input on the unit or not.

If using the AUX input, DIP switches 1, 3 & 4 should be in the "OFF" position, leaving switch 2 in the "ON" position.

If not using the AUX input, DIP switches 3 & 4 should be in the "OFF" position, leaving 1 & 2 in the "ON" position.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.