Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Alpine IVA-W203 iPOD Searching Error

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Alpine IVA-W203 iPOD Searching Error

This question is answered

I believed many of you Alpine users have encountered this problem as well... It says "Searching..." and no songs are played from the iPod. So I tried it with 3 different iPods that I could get my hand on. 

1) 1st Gen iPod Touch

Firmware Ver.: 3.1.2 7D11

Total Songs: 285

Connection: Charging w/ Searching Error

2) Brand New 2nd Gen iPod Nano

Firmware Ver.: 1.0.2 PC

Total Songs: 674

Connection: None w/ Searching Error (Says unable to charge with this device on iPod screen)

3) 4th Gen iPod Mini

Firmware Ver.: 1.1.3 PC

Total Songs: 508

Connection: Charging w/ Searching Error

From the Alpine manual:

About iPod usable with this unit

This unit can be used with the fourth generation and above iPod, iPod photo, iPod mini or iPod nano. iPod Shuffle cannot be used, however, the unit can be used with the following iPod versions.

4th gen iPod: Ver. 3.1.1

5th gen iPod: Ver. 1.1.2 

iPod photo: Ver. 1.2.1

iPod mini: Ver. 1.4.1

iPod nano: Ver. 1.2 (only available for 1st gen nano)

So, what's the deal Alpine? I've just spend $180 dollars w/ tax on the new 2nd Gen iPod Nano and your product failed me. Not to mention the $30 I spent on your ALPINE FULL SPEED cable which does not read sh!t from ANY iPod. I think I sense false advertisement. Give me an answer before I let the law handle this!

[edited by: akuo68 at 7:45 PM (GMT -5) on Thu, Aug 12 2010]
Verified Answer
  • Hello akuo68,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues using your Alpine iVA-W203 and the Alpine KCE-422i iPod cable with your iPods. If you purchased this equipment from Crutchfield, please give our Technical Support department a call. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue you are having, and their phone number will be on your Crutchfield invoice.

If you didn't purchase your equipment from Crutchfield, you will want to contact Alpine directly. You can reach them at 1-800-257-4631.

I hope that helps. 

[edited by: J P at 11:43 AM (GMT -5) on Sat, Aug 21 2010]
    www.crutchfield.com/bio/JP
All Replies
  • Hello akuo68,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues using your Alpine iVA-W203 and the Alpine KCE-422i iPod cable with your iPods. If you purchased this equipment from Crutchfield, please give our Technical Support department a call. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue you are having, and their phone number will be on your Crutchfield invoice.

If you didn't purchase your equipment from Crutchfield, you will want to contact Alpine directly. You can reach them at 1-800-257-4631.

I hope that helps. 

[edited by: J P at 11:43 AM (GMT -5) on Sat, Aug 21 2010]
    www.crutchfield.com/bio/JP
  • Thanks for the reply J P.

Yes I did purchase all the items from Crutchfield. I will give them a call tomorrow and see what's up.

Akuo68