Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Alpine KCE-400BT and iPhone 3GS: Voice Dial?

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Alpine KCE-400BT and iPhone 3GS: Voice Dial?

This question is answered

I've found it surprisingly difficult to get an answer to this question, and I'm a little miffed that I didn't see earlier that Crutchfield had this forum.

I'd like to purchase either the Alpine iXA-W407 or the iDA-X205S+KCE400BT, but the purchase depends heavily on certain factors, one of them being the degree to which my iPhone 3GS (v.3.1.3) will integrate via Bluetooth.  Has anyone here had an experience with either of these head units combines with a 3GS (preferably not version iOS 4.0) and voice-activated dialing?

I would like to be able to use the voice-activated dialing feature (by pressing and holding the telephone button on the head unit), and it'd be nice to know in advance of buying the hardware whether or not this is possible.

Thanks in advance!

Verified Answer
  • Unfortunately we do not have a good way to test this function. If no one can offer first hand experience, then I recommend you call Alpine to see if they can give you any additional details.

Shawn

All Replies
  • I am not aware of any voice dialing issues. I know there was an issue with call waiting (and may still be one as I have not gotten confirmation this was resolved) where the second call will go straight to voicemail instead of giving you the option to answer it. Anyone have other news or experience?

http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul

• Unfortunately we do not have a good way to test this function. If no one can offer first hand experience, then I recommend you call Alpine to see if they can give you any additional details.

Shawn