Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

ipod in car horrible

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

ipod in car horrible

This question is answered

i just purchased a new ipod also went out and bought wiring to hook it up to my car when i finished installing it i turned every thing on and it sounded bad amp wouldnt produce any sound and my speakers sounded very low is there anything i could do to make this sound better or is this typical of ipods in cars

Verified Answer
  • Aaron19
    bought wiring to hook it up to my car

What does this mean?

If it is a M-M mini-jack cable to an AUX port or a wireless FM transmitter, that usually won't produce the best sound.

If it is a wired FM modulator or a USB input, it should do fairly well.

Thanks!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • Aaron19
    bought wiring to hook it up to my car

What does this mean?

If it is a M-M mini-jack cable to an AUX port or a wireless FM transmitter, that usually won't produce the best sound.

If it is a wired FM modulator or a USB input, it should do fairly well.

Thanks!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Remember to have volume on the iPod about 3/4 level. Maxed out you will distort pretty quick, and to low the problem your having will happen. Only a suggestion, could be other problems.....

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Alpine iDA-305SBT w/Imprint; SPR-60C Front; SPR-60 Rear; 2 JL 10w1v2; Alpine PDX-5