Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Ipod LCD Screen Broken

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Ipod LCD Screen Broken

This question is answered

My IPOD Video 60GB needs a new LCD screen. Mine froze up and cracked. I can still get to the first playlist or just simply push play.

I would buy another ipod but i want to keed this one as it full of music. To the MAX actually .

Anyone out there who can repair this or know of anyone who can do it for a cheap price?

Thanks,

Mortalitool

Verified Answer
  • Not sure of the legality of advising this, but the other admins can edit as required.  Also not sure how to accomplish it, but ...

It is probably easiest to buy another iPod and then either find a way to transfer all the files over to the new iPod or move the hard drive from the old iPod over to the new iPod.

Legally, this is somewhat equivalent to Windows Operating System, which was only licensed for the original computer, but if you upgrade (over time), the CPU, the motherboard, the hard drive, the monitor, the keyboard, the case, the speakers, the optical drives, technically it is still the same computer (mouse hasn't changed), and then if you replace the mouse, none of the parts are original, but it's technically the same computer.

Museum Sign - Actual hatchet that George Washington used to chop down cherry tree (handle has been replaced 20 times and blade 5 times since then.)

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • Not sure of the legality of advising this, but the other admins can edit as required.  Also not sure how to accomplish it, but ...

It is probably easiest to buy another iPod and then either find a way to transfer all the files over to the new iPod or move the hard drive from the old iPod over to the new iPod.

Legally, this is somewhat equivalent to Windows Operating System, which was only licensed for the original computer, but if you upgrade (over time), the CPU, the motherboard, the hard drive, the monitor, the keyboard, the case, the speakers, the optical drives, technically it is still the same computer (mouse hasn't changed), and then if you replace the mouse, none of the parts are original, but it's technically the same computer.

Museum Sign - Actual hatchet that George Washington used to chop down cherry tree (handle has been replaced 20 times and blade 5 times since then.)

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• I fix and repair my buddies iPods all the time. This website is gods gift to someone trying to do it themselves and not spend another $300 on a new iPod for a $45 fix like an LCD screen.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Alpine iDA-305SBT w/Imprint; SPR-60C Front; SPR-60 Rear; 2 JL 10w1v2; Alpine PDX-5