Can my P3200BT see my 4G Ipod?

This question is answered

I have a 4th Generation Ipod, also known as the 60GB Ipod w/Color Display. Just installed a Pioneer AVH P3200BT. It's a great unit, BUT it won't recognize my ipod.

The manual doesn't list my ipod as one of the compatible ipods either.

Is there any type of aftermarket product, short of buying another ipod, that will allow my receiver to see my ipod?

Thanks,

Moman

Verified Answer
  • Crutchfield's HOR does NOT show it as supported also.

It is possible, but unlikely that there will be a firmware upgrade for either the Pioneer deck or the iPod to allow this.

If you only want to play the iPod on the deck, you should be able to use the AUX inputs on the deck.

Otherwise, yes, essentially, you need either an (probably older) deck or a newer iPod.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • Crutchfield's HOR does NOT show it as supported also.

It is possible, but unlikely that there will be a firmware upgrade for either the Pioneer deck or the iPod to allow this.

If you only want to play the iPod on the deck, you should be able to use the AUX inputs on the deck.

Otherwise, yes, essentially, you need either an (probably older) deck or a newer iPod.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs