60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Best Way To Get mp3 intergration into 03 Mazda6

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Best Way To Get mp3 intergration into 03 Mazda6

This question is answered

i have a 2003 mazda 6. 

the stock front panel makes it impossible to change the radio without getting a brand new front panel

i found this: http://www.gromaudio.com/store/aux_adapters/grom-aux-maz.html#compatibility

would that work and still keep everything in tact? does anyone have any better ideas for doing this?

the reason why i am not going in the radio and new panel direction is because i dont need a new radio and this is about 200 bucks cheaper.

[edited by: ilb3 at 2:48 PM (GMT -5) on Tue, Nov 23 2010]
Verified Answer
  • It's definitely not the easiest car to upgrade (not the worst, either, though).

ilb3
    would that work and still keep everything in tact?

It might or you might have to do some rather detailed modifications to the radio - and it looks like you won't know until you plug it in and see if it works or not.  (Also, satellite radio doesn't seem to work with it).

ilb3
    does anyone have any better ideas for doing this?

Depends what you need - are you just wanting an AUX input for an MP3 player, or do you prefer USB input or iPod control?

A wired FM modulator (not transmitter) is less expensive and almost guaranteed to work.

ilb3
    the reason why i am not going in the radio and new hu direction is because i dont need a new radio and this is about 200 bucks cheaper.

Not necessarily, but the best deal I see would be this radio ($70) and this dash kit ($90 with that radio).

Amazingly, Metra makes a dash kit for it, but only a harness to plug INTO the FACTORY radio, so you have to run new wiring with it.

Roughtly $100 more and I recommend getting a bit nicer radio - which does make it about $220, but with that you should get:

• 15-20W RMS as opposed to 4-6W RMS.
    • Better tone control.
    • USB and/or iPod controls
    • Aux Input
    • Satellite ready
    • Better tone controls,

Etc.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • It's definitely not the easiest car to upgrade (not the worst, either, though).

ilb3
    would that work and still keep everything in tact?

It might or you might have to do some rather detailed modifications to the radio - and it looks like you won't know until you plug it in and see if it works or not.  (Also, satellite radio doesn't seem to work with it).

ilb3
    does anyone have any better ideas for doing this?

Depends what you need - are you just wanting an AUX input for an MP3 player, or do you prefer USB input or iPod control?

A wired FM modulator (not transmitter) is less expensive and almost guaranteed to work.

ilb3
    the reason why i am not going in the radio and new hu direction is because i dont need a new radio and this is about 200 bucks cheaper.

Not necessarily, but the best deal I see would be this radio ($70) and this dash kit ($90 with that radio).

Amazingly, Metra makes a dash kit for it, but only a harness to plug INTO the FACTORY radio, so you have to run new wiring with it.

Roughtly $100 more and I recommend getting a bit nicer radio - which does make it about $220, but with that you should get:

• 15-20W RMS as opposed to 4-6W RMS.
    • Better tone control.
    • USB and/or iPod controls
    • Aux Input
    • Satellite ready
    • Better tone controls,

Etc.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs