Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Android OS MP3 Players

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Android OS MP3 Players

This question is answered

So does anyone have one? I'm thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 but I'm not really sure if it's what I want. I was considering an iTouch but I really think I want an Android MP3 player (not a fan of iOS devices). Just looking for some opinions here and if you have something that you love please tell me about it.

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

Verified Answer
  • BIG teddy
    Also I noticed that the Galaxy Player has GPS capabilities. Does this cost money to use or no?

Looks pretty cool to me.

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/268507-gps-free-charge-not.html

GPS itself is free - in terms of "you are now at 33.755°N 84.39°W" but that isn't very useful.  Maps and turn-by-turn navigation may have a fee to use or may need to download content which would cause a possible fee from your Internet Provider - but generally, I think there will be freeware apps you could use instead.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • Also I noticed that the Galaxy Player has GPS capabilities. Does this cost money to use or no?

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

• Okay so I bought the SGP 5.0 but I'd still like to know if anyone has one (Had a deal I couldn't pass up). I'd still also like any opinions on other mp3 players. I may send the Player back if I don't like it so I'd like some ideas for other things to look at.

• BIG teddy
    Also I noticed that the Galaxy Player has GPS capabilities. Does this cost money to use or no?

Looks pretty cool to me.

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/268507-gps-free-charge-not.html

GPS itself is free - in terms of "you are now at 33.755°N 84.39°W" but that isn't very useful.  Maps and turn-by-turn navigation may have a fee to use or may need to download content which would cause a possible fee from your Internet Provider - but generally, I think there will be freeware apps you could use instead.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Did a little bit of research after I initially posted and found that there are some apps that you can get to save any maps you want to use with the GPS. The apps cost some money but it's a one time cost which is really nice. I should be getting the SGP within the next couple of days so I'll let you know how it goes. I think I might just post a full review on here after I use it for a bit.

• Looks pretty cool, and I would love to hear your thoughts once you get it. I have both Android and Apple devices, and have been pretty happy with both.

• Review here.