Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

MP3 Player

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

MP3 Player

• I guess this is kind of a question but I figure it's more discussion. Why doesn't CF carry other types of MP3 players? All they sell is iPod's. For some reason I thought they use to but I'm not sure.

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

• They used to also have a limited selection of Creative and Zune - not sure why they don't anymore, except ...

It's kinda a rapidly changing market - if you look at Yellow Tag online, they have a limited selection of standard brands like Sony and Sansa, along with the iPod.  Samsung is a relatively new player (pun not intended) on the market (at least the Galaxy Line).  Cowan and Creative are respected but tend to mainly sell direct to the public from their website.  I think the Zune is cancelled except for some refurbished units.  And then there are a plethora of cheap and suspect brands - Dane Electric, MACH Speed, Coby, Visual Land, etc.

Crutchfield really isn't set up to deal with companies that might not be around in 4 months, not to mention products that might not be.

But I'm just hypothesizing here ...

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Agreed on the ones that may not be around long but why not carry Sony They have been around for a long while and I doubt they will go anywhere. I wish they carried the Samsung player because I probably would have bought it from here. I don't know I just think it's kind of weird they only carry iPod. Honestly I'd wouldn't mind seeing CF having a in-house brand of their own MP3 player (like they have with Sound Ordnance). I think it would be interesting to see what they could come up with. Like with the Samsung Player I'd love to see more android devices. IMO it's far superior to IOS. Apple has a stranglehold on the industry right now and I really don't think that is a good thing. It's going to lead to problems down the road.

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

• Agreed on all points, but there's a lot involved in designing one (specifically software).  You did notice that Sound Ordnance is only powered subwoofers, amps, and speakers.  There aren't any Sound Ordnance Head Units b/c it takes a LOT of work to develop one of those.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Yeah I know it takes a lot of work. I think SO heads would be kind of cool too now that you brought up the point. It would be a good quality and affordable alternative if that's what someone wants.

• PM, conversation sent.

• Ipod is still the famous in terms of mp3 players. Noby can overtaken them in terms of annual sales. They are really good management.