Recommendation for Compact MP3 Player

• This is a strange request for me to ask for advice on a MP3 player, as normally I do not bother with low-fi music formats.  However, I work out regularly at the local gym, and would like to have some music to listen to when doing cardio workouts.   I am looking for a compact player with some kind of clip or harness that I can attach to myself so that the unit will not get in the way of my workouts.  I just want a decent reliable unit that will function OK when exercising.  No need for bells and whistles here, just a reliable unit.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!! 

"Just a world that we all must share.  It's not enough just to stand and stare..."        Pink Floyd   On the Turning Away

• Good question. I'm sure other people will weigh in, but I wanted to let you know that I've had good luck in the past with iPod shuffle for this (have several friends that have gone this way as well). If you're already using an Apple device it's an easy addition (if you are not then you'd need to add iTunes and such). It doesn't look like we are carrying them, but you can find them on Apples website here:

www.apple.com/ipod-shuffle

I've also heard good things about the Sansa Clip:

www.sandisk.com/.../clip-plus

Anyone else have suggestions?

• Well Jeff I just ordered the Sandisk clip.  Thanks for the advice.  As it turns out, two of my co-workers use that model everyday and they have no complaints.  Again, just music for working out with.  Thanks again!!!

"Just a world that we all must share.  It's not enough just to stand and stare..."        Pink Floyd   On the Turning Away