Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Alpine IDA-X305S and Samsung Galaxy S3

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Alpine IDA-X305S and Samsung Galaxy S3

• Hopefully this is an appropriate forum to post this in.

I have an Alpine IDA-X305S and Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm trying to get the  head unit to recognize the phone as a USB device, but it doesn't seem to budge. I've enabled it as MPT and mass storage, but it doesn't work. Has anyobe had ant experience with getting this unit to work with this phone? And yes, my phAny one is rooted,  so I have my options to try if need be.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

• This is the USB info we offer on the Alpine IDA-X305S:

The Alpine iDA-X305S features a rear-panel USB port and comes supplied with a 58" USB extension cable to connect a USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) MTP compliant device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The iDA-X305S can play MP3, WMA, and AAC files stored on a compatible USB memory device formatted in FAT 12/16/32. MP3 files can be recorded with bit rates of 16-320 kbps, WMA files can have 16-320 kbps bit rates, and AAC files can have 16-320 kbps. This unit can recognize up to 1,000 folders and up to 10,000 files. The unit's display shows song, album, and artist title, and elapsed time. If no tag information exists, the display shows the track number and elapsed time. During MP3/WMA/AAC playback from a USB memory device, you can activate the search mode to locate a specific folder or file by name. You can repeat the current track or current folder, and play the tracks in the current folder or all of the tracks in the current memory bank in random order.

If you’ve met the requirements for format, file type & bitrate then it’s hard to say what the trouble is. If you purchased from Crutchfield, you can contact our tech support department for additional assistance. Their toll-free number is printed on the back of your invoice.

If you purchased elsewhere and the retailer will not help, you may want to contact Alpine directly: 800-257-4631

HTH!

Anyone else have a good recommendation?   

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan