Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Best MP3 rip format for Ipod Nano

Portables A/V

Portables A/V
Discussions about smartphones, tables, MP3 players, and digital music

Best MP3 rip format for Ipod Nano

• I decided to replace my unreliable Sandisk MP3 player with an IPOD Nano. I really like the player, it's built well and functions great, but overall I think the Sandisk player had better sound. As most of us true audiophiles will agree, MP3 sounds pretty lousy, even on its best day. The question I have is, what is the best format to rip a music CD to for an Ipod Nano?? Does it matter which format I rip to, or do they all sound the same?? I just want to get the best sound possible at a reasonable rip rate. Right now I am ripping at 192Kpbs. Thanks for your help!!!!!! Steve

"Just a world that we all must share.  It's not enough just to stand and stare..."        Pink Floyd   On the Turning Away

• With the limited capacity of a Nano, you have to find a happy medium between sound quality and file size. 192kbps is probably the most popular bitrate, and the file type is really a matter of personal preference. Of course, Apple considers their AAC to be the best for sonic clarity and file size, but, as I said, this is a matter of opinion.

You may want to try ripping a song from CD is a few different formats and bitrates to see which works best for you specifically.

Hope that helps.

Anyone else have a good recommendation?

www.crutchfield.com/Ryan