Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

BitCoin mining, who's doing it?

Off-Topic

Off-Topic
The place to talk about stuff like music, video games, and movies

BitCoin mining, who's doing it?

• Started mining them recently and have kind of got addicted. Just curious if anyone else on here is doing it and what they think about it?

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

• What is BitCoin ?

GLH Geeked

• Short explanation... There is this thing called bit coin mining. You use your computer to "mine" these coins. Mining means solving complex algorithms using your processor (not recommended) or your graphics card (recommended). You can use these bit coins to make purchases for literally everything (even your crack, meth, and weed). Value of the coins change quite often. You can buy bit coins for actual money as well. Some online stores are looking into starting to use bit coins for purchasing as well. Currently the places you can buy things from people are sites kind of like craigslist. I know Silk Road uses bit coins (you can find everything there but finding the Silk Road is hard not really there are a million guides). The beauty of bit coins is that they can't be tracked. If I give you a bit coin you would have no clue where it came from nor could you ever find out. Your coins are tracked on your PC and that's about it. Goes a lot deeper than everything I said and it's really a lot to read up on. Read the stuff I mentioned before and see what you think about it. Plus if you search bit coins there is a ton more info than what I linked.

Copied from my FB so that's why I mention stuff that may not make since. Read next paragraph for what I referenced in the first paragraph.

Links mentioned plus more info:

I used this guide to get started. GUI Miner is great to start with cause you don't have to use a command line interface. There are tons of wallets that you can use to keep track of your bitcoins but mostly everything I have read says that the wallet on bitcoin.org is one of the best and easiest to use. In the guide it recommends using slush's pool which is what I'm using right now. There are tons of other mining pools out there but a lot of people have had good results. ATI cards are better for mining but Nvidia cards work too. You don't want to let your CPU do the mining unless you get yourself a dedicated PC for mining with some pretty good cooling. Bit mining can be really hard on CPU's. I'm gonna give it a try on my desktop and let it have a core and see how it handles it. If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask. I don't know tons about it other than talking with one of my instructors who has been doing it for a while. Good luck.

How-to guide to start.

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

• Weird. Will look into it tomorrow on my superPC.

GLH Geeked

• It pretty interesting and neat. If you constantly leave your PC running then it won't be to much more power consumption to let your graphics card just crank away.

• Bitcoin is still perplex to me eve though I read lots of review about it.