Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Is anyone else having problems with getting e-mails from reply's on the forums?

Off-Topic

Off-Topic
The place to talk about stuff like music, video games, and movies

Is anyone else having problems with getting e-mails from reply's on the forums?

• The subject says it all. Is this only me? I re-checked all of my settings and I do allow e-mails from CF and will get them on some threads but not others.

[edited by: Ryan at 5:20 PM (GMT -5) on Thu, Mar 15 2012]

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

• Not sure why you would be getting them for some and not for others - but on the reply screen (when posting into a thread) there is a check box for "email me replies to this post" - this should send you any replies to your particular post, but may not send replies to other posts in the thread. If you go to the main post that started the thread you should see a "Follow this Question" - on a question thread or a "email me replies" on a discussion thread to get alerted to all the posts in the thread.

Let me know if that helps.

• Also - not what you asked, but it might be helpful to you.

I actually don't use the E-mail option.

http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/MyForums.aspx - Will show you all the threads you have posted in.  Threads that have been updated and you haven't read will have red in the icon at the beginning of the thread.

http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/TopicsNotRead.aspx - Will show you posts you haven't read.

Of course, you have to keep refreshing those if you don't have E-mail notification turned on, but it keeps you from getting 10-15 E-mails a day.

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• TigerHeli
    Of course, you have to keep refreshing those if you don't have E-mail notification turned on, but it keeps you from getting 10-15 E-mails a day.

I use gmail so tons of emails is no problem LOL.

Jeff that is what I usually do and still no emails. To fix it I have to go back to the thread and then stop following and then re-follow. It could just be something with gmail for whatever reason not wanting to allow all notifications to come through. It's no big deal because I do use the first option Tiger mentioned when I'm on the forums and I will refresh. I was just curious if I was the only one.

GMC Sonoma, JVC KD-A95BT, 2 Pioneer TS-D601P in doors, 2 Pioneer TS-G4644R in dash, 2 JL W3v2-D2 10 inch subs, Lightning Audio B4.250.2, Soundstream TX1.1300D

• BIG teddy
    Jeff that is what I usually do and still no emails. To fix it I have to go back to the thread and then stop following and then re-follow. It could just be something with gmail for whatever reason not wanting to allow all notifications to come through. It's no big deal because I do use the first option Tiger mentioned when I'm on the forums and I will refresh. I was just curious if I was the only one.

Gotcha. Thanks Teddy. That's very strange.

If anyone else is seeing this issue let me know.

• For the last day or so I've been getting two of everything.

RESIma

• I just went back and checked and I have been getting two of each email alert as well. I'll reach out to IT and have them look into it.

• Well then you guys must be getting double because I'm not getting any LOL. I guess my emails are headed towards your inbox's.

• Alex - let me know if you are still seeing this. IT found a problem that was server related that was causing the duplicate emails, and it should be fixed now (I've only been getting one notification since the fix).

Teddy - are you not getting any emails now, or does it still seem random on which threads you are and aren't getting emails?

• Got it, Jeff. And only got one.

RESIma

• Jeff it seems random that's why I figured it may be a problem with gmail and not CF. I will let you know if anything changes though. 

• i experienced a problem with duplicate notification emails, and now it's back to normal. 

FYI my favorites still don't always show completely, but that's a lesser matter and i've gone to browser bookmarks instead at this point. 

• Alex and J Ro - thanks for the confirmation. Glad to see that the emails are back to normal levels there.

Teddy - Let me know if you can discern any rhyme or reason to this. I'm pretty intrigued, and would love to figure out the issue.

• Okay Jeff so I think it must have been Gmail for what ever reason because the last week or so I have been getting all of my emails (as far as I can tell). I checked spam and it wasn't there so the only thing I could figure is that they never made it to my inbox because of gmail. Not sure why but its working now so I'm not worried about it.

• Cool. As long as it is working.

Let me know if you see this type of thing again.