Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Instruction Manual

Off-Topic

Off-Topic
The place to talk about stuff like music, video games, and movies

Instruction Manual

• Does anyone else have problems with using the instruction manuals for Kenwood KDC X696 receiver?  Try to understand how to set up manual seek for radio and hands free for bluetooth is next to impossible using manual - just about as clear as mud.

[edited by: Ryan at 6:05 PM (GMT -5) on Wed, Jun 13 2012]
  • fjpor
    Does anyone else have problems with using the instruction manuals for Kenwood KDC X696 receiver?  Try to understand how to set up manual seek for radio and hands free for bluetooth is next to impossible using manual - just about as clear as mud.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/113/113BT652U.PDF

Page 8 - Manual Seek seems pretty clear to me - press the volume knob, Turn the volume knob to get to Settings, Go to Seek Mode (probably press the volume knob), select MANUAL, press the volume knob, press and hold the return arrow button.

Pretty cumbersome and tough to remember without the manual,  but it seems to be explained pretty well.

Not should how BT works with it.

If you bought from Crutchfield, you should contact their technical support also.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Crutchfield's technical advisor support is useless as were their sales associates, etc.  All info received was incorrect and after almost 3 hours on phone with them still nothing accomplished.  As for the Kenwood manual - NOT!!  That you might as well use it for toilet paper.  I found the seek mode - no thanks to Crutchfield but from Kenwood direct.  Same for several other problems.  Would NEVER purchase from Crutchfield again.  Also, Cruthfield lists my cell phone on their website as being compatible with the Kenwood KDC X696 and it IS NOT.  Again false info and no help from tech support on that either.

[edited by: fjpor at 5:26 PM (GMT -5) on Wed, Jun 6 2012]
  • Definitely the 1%.

GLH Geeked

• First off - I don't represent Crutchfield other than helping them moderate this forum, but ...

In the interest of helping the other forum members who might be reading this:

You said Kenwood direct helped you find the seek mode - It seemed pretty clear from the manual to me - If they recommended something other than the manual, could you post the steps here to help other users?

Second - could you post the model and if applicable software version of your cel phone - again, both to help other owners and to let Crutchfield update their information.

Thanks!!!

[edited by: TigerHeli at 7:28 AM (GMT -5) on Thu, Jun 7 2012]

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

• Kenwood was more helpful because they are gave me information without my feeling pressured and in an order that was so plain as to be input quickly - which since the radio has a tendency to change so quickly is difficult. 

As for my cell phone it is a Samsung Galaxy S II and IS on the compatibility list on Crutchfield's list. 

I fully realize that you are not a rep for crutchfield - never thought any different.  They just seem to reply with standard info and ignore suggestions that changes be made in their website to stop mis-leading customers. 

Unfortunately, customer service has long become a thing of the past with ALL companies and now WHEN you get good customer service you feel that you have to fall on your knees before that company just for doing the job that they SHOULD be doing anyhow.  I guess I was reared in a different time when proper service and truth were the norm and not the exception.  I don't know why it upsets me when it doesn't happen because I KNOW it is more often than not that you get crummy service anymore from everyone.  Case in point is trying to get help from Sprint on the phone side.  But then we all know that their tech service leaves lots to be desired.  The people in their stores are better than getting their tech support online.  

I just get tired of getting the run-around when I am trying to get assistance after being so absolutely assured of answers before I purchase an idea.  Oh well,  guess that is life in the fast lane as is the standard today.  

• Again - could you tell us what Kenwood's solution was, assuming it is different from what was posted in the manual or what I previously suggested?

fjpor
    I fully realize that you are not a rep for crutchfield - never thought any different.

I was just clarifying - often people will see the Community Moderator under my avatar and assume I am working for CF so that is why I support them, or assume I have some special pull with CF on their policies.

fjpor
    They just seem to reply with standard info and ignore suggestions that changes be made in their website to stop mis-leading customers. 

Unfortunately, customer service has long become a thing of the past with ALL companies

Personally, I haven't had much problem with CF's customer service - EVER - but I've also rarely had to use it.

With other companies - it's varied.  Often I find it isn't so much bad customer service as inconsistent (I'll spend half an hour with someone retracing things I already tried, before I hang up and call back and get someone who fixes the issue in 15 seconds), to in some cases where I have to talk to a supervisor to resolve "So you're telling me I'm out-of-luck on these charges b/c your sales representative lied to me, and there's NOTHING you can do about it?"

FWIW ...

• Hi fjpor,

We're looking into this to see what may have happened. We didn't get you the info needed, and I'm sorry about that.

I've been in contact with the Head of our Tech Support, and we're working on sorting out the details. I did want to clarify something, if possible, though - you mentioned the compatibility listing. Was this something you found on our website or on Kenwoods? I found it listed on Kenwoods website here:

http://www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/bt/index.php

But did not see it listed on our website. I just want to make sure we're all looking at the same info, and that I'm not missing something on our website.

• At this time it is a moot point.  I use my earpiece to get my bluetooth for phone calls and the radio - well, it's just a radio with one added feature in that it has an AUX connection for my XM radio which I did not have before.  But in answer to your question, I found the compatability for the phone on both the crutchfield and kenwood websites.  Had I NOT done all of the research BEFORE I bought the radio it would be different.

That said,

Case closed.  Life goes on and you learn with whom to deal in the future and keep those names in you file.  No further replies are necessary and no further action will be taken.

• I'm just replying because I was told it isn't necessary. Devil

"It is impossible to suffer without making someone else pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge."

Friedrich Nietzsche

I suppose that's why you seldom hear anyone say "Tech support spent three hours on the phone with me and I still couldn't get it to work".

Feel free to add me to the list of people up with whom you shall not put.

RESIma