60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

Connecting Old School Rockford Fosgate Amp to Crossover

Off-Topic

Off-Topic
The place to talk about stuff like music, video games, and movies

Connecting Old School Rockford Fosgate Amp to Crossover

This question is answered

Hey Guys,

I am lookingome much needed help and will appreciate any as such. My set up is as follows,

HU - Sony CDX-GT424U

Preamp - Clarion Eqs746

Crossover - Clarion MCD360

Mid range amp - RF 500X

Mid range speakers - Infinity Reference 5020cs (1 pair each for both door and shelf)

Sub Amp - RF 801s (bridged 4ohm)

Sub - RF Power HX2 (dual 2ohm wired to 4ohm)

I now want to use a RF old school 60ix 2 channel amp to power my mids instead of the RF500x. The infinity 5020cs are 2.67ohm, so i intend to wire them in parralel to 1.33ohm and run each pair from a channel of the RF60ix......I have heard the 60ix run subs at 1ohm so cant imagine it being a problem running mids at 1.33ohm.

My real problem however is I have 2 sets of RCA (1 for front + 1 for rear) running from my pre amp to my crossover inputs. The crossover also has 2 sets of outputs.....however the RF60IX only has 1 set of inputs. Can someone please tell me how to work around this? I didnt have this problem before as the RF500x has 2 sets of RCA inputs.

Please note, I am not making any changes to sub, so didn't mention RCA inputs and outputs between preamp, crossover and sub amp.

Any help please......Thanks in advance

Howy

Verified Answer
  • howy

I now want to use a RF old school 60ix 2 channel amp to power my mids instead of the RF500x. The infinity 5020cs are 2.67ohm, so i intend to wire them in parralel to 1.33ohm and run each pair from a channel of the RF60ix......I have heard the 60ix run subs at 1ohm so cant imagine it being a problem running mids at 1.33ohm.

My real problem however is I have 2 sets of RCA (1 for front + 1 for rear) running from my pre amp to my crossover inputs. The crossover also has 2 sets of outputs.....however the RF60IX only has 1 set of inputs. Can someone please tell me how to work around this? I didnt have this problem before as the RF500x has 2 sets of RCA inputs.

2 channel amps only need 1 set of inputs to get the audio into them. I know that you have taken your front and rear speakers and will wire them to the same channels on the amp. That means both left speakers will be on the same amp channel so they must use the same input signal. Since they must use the same signal, you have to decide which set of outputs on the crossover you want to use to feed the signal to your Infinity speakers. HTH!

Anyone have other suggestions?

http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul

All Replies
  • howy

2 channel amps only need 1 set of inputs to get the audio into them. I know that you have taken your front and rear speakers and will wire them to the same channels on the amp. That means both left speakers will be on the same amp channel so they must use the same input signal. Since they must use the same signal, you have to decide which set of outputs on the crossover you want to use to feed the signal to your Infinity speakers. HTH!

Anyone have other suggestions?

http://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul

• howy
    The infinity 5020cs are 2.67ohm

If you test the impedance of the speakers after they have been running for about 10 minutes they should test around 4-ohms.  Infinity showed us this during the training, so treat these speakers as 4-ohms.

As for your other questions, Paul pretty much summed it up.