Logitech Squeezebox Boom

This question is answered

I would like to know if you have to have the internet for this radio to work. I have a Slacker account and would like to listen to Slacker outside but I don't know if this will work without internet.

Thank you

Bruce

Verified Answer
  • I'm not familiar with either the Boom or Slacker, but I'll try to answer your question.

The Boom plays either Internet music sources or music stored on a host computer.

You need a wired or wireless router to stream music files to the BOOM, but you don't need an Internet connection per se - if you want to stream files stored locally on the host computer to the BOOM.

From what I can tell, Slacker is an internet radio application/site - so there wouldn't be much point trying to listen to it without an internet connection, but you could use the internet connection on the host computer and would not need one for the Boom.

There might also be range issues.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs

All Replies
  • I'm not familiar with either the Boom or Slacker, but I'll try to answer your question.

The Boom plays either Internet music sources or music stored on a host computer.

You need a wired or wireless router to stream music files to the BOOM, but you don't need an Internet connection per se - if you want to stream files stored locally on the host computer to the BOOM.

From what I can tell, Slacker is an internet radio application/site - so there wouldn't be much point trying to listen to it without an internet connection, but you could use the internet connection on the host computer and would not need one for the Boom.

There might also be range issues.

Hope This Helps!!!

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs