Free Shipping on Everything.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee | Lifetime Tech Support

CK3000 not connecting with Verizon Droid-X

Other Products

Other Products
The place to talk about other types of consumer electronics and devices

CK3000 not connecting with Verizon Droid-X

This question is answered

I just got a Droid-X and cannot connect with the Parrot CK3000. It can pair but never connect. My old iphone 3G was able to connect fine. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Verified Answer
  • I emailed Parrot and their response is that they currently do not consider the Droid compatible with the Evolution. Having said that they added the caveat that some people have been able to get it to work.

The first step is to make sure the Evolution has the latest software. (5.23) After that it gets a little crazy and here's what he said.

The phone should pair; but may not connect. What some of our customers have been able to do is to pair with the Parrot, where the Droid reads "paired but not connected" then clear the memory on the Parrot, whence it will announce "memory erasing in progress please wait".

Most steering wheel controls will allow you to clear the memory with a combination of the Volume Keys Vol- followed by Vol + 5 Times (-+-+-+-+-+). Or if you have the red/green keypad with the dial in the center, simply press and hold the red/green button at the same time. 

Normally when the Parrot is done it will announce PLEASE PAIR DEVICE when its done, but these customers have reported that it instead simply beeps indicating it connected to a phone, and sure enough the Droid showed it was connected and paired.

So this may work, but it's no guarantee. Hopefully Parrot will have a future update that will fix the problem. Sorry I don't have better news.

[edited by: Shawn at 9:36 AM (GMT -5) on Wed, Sep 29 2010]

Shawn

All Replies
  • I emailed Parrot and their response is that they currently do not consider the Droid compatible with the Evolution. Having said that they added the caveat that some people have been able to get it to work.

The first step is to make sure the Evolution has the latest software. (5.23) After that it gets a little crazy and here's what he said.

The phone should pair; but may not connect. What some of our customers have been able to do is to pair with the Parrot, where the Droid reads "paired but not connected" then clear the memory on the Parrot, whence it will announce "memory erasing in progress please wait".

Most steering wheel controls will allow you to clear the memory with a combination of the Volume Keys Vol- followed by Vol + 5 Times (-+-+-+-+-+). Or if you have the red/green keypad with the dial in the center, simply press and hold the red/green button at the same time. 

Normally when the Parrot is done it will announce PLEASE PAIR DEVICE when its done, but these customers have reported that it instead simply beeps indicating it connected to a phone, and sure enough the Droid showed it was connected and paired.

So this may work, but it's no guarantee. Hopefully Parrot will have a future update that will fix the problem. Sorry I don't have better news.

[edited by: Shawn at 9:36 AM (GMT -5) on Wed, Sep 29 2010]

Shawn

• I downloaded the latest software for the ck3000. Now how do I update the software on the CK3000? do I need a special cable to connect my laptop to the CK3000???

• Good question ...

http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/onlinehelpfiles/parrotck3000evolution/software-update/

Parrot says there are three ways to do it, but the only one they mention is with a serial cable and they say that is for installers and retailers only.  Possibly the installer software says something about how to do it.

Hope This Helps!!!

Anyone else have suggestions?

2002 Ford Focus JVC KD-A815 Sony CDX-GT410u Sony XT-100HD HD Tuner Stock speakers, no amp, no subs